Friday, March 23, 2012

Indie Music, by Cova Grau




Independent music, often shortened to indie music or "indie" is a term used to describe independence from major commercial record labels or their subsidiaries, and an autonomous aproach recording and publishing.
Indie pop refers to music based indie conventions of pop music. Because the term indie rock sometimes covers the whole indie music in general, the indie pop can be considered a subgenre of indie rock. The indie pop is pop music that moves beyond the boundaries of conventional pop music.
I'll talk a little about those who are in my opinion the best indie bands, national and British bands that I like. In Spain, on the 80, during the famous "Movida Madrileña" is created the first independent groups, but in my opinion is now that the Spanish indie bands really stand out within the national indie pop, I have to name groups like Vetusta Morla , Love of Lesbian, The Sunday Drivers and Lori Meyers. I found these groups really originals and I had the opportunity of seeing Vetusta Morla on live and they don´t left me indifferent, they are really great.
The British indie artists are in my opinion very good too, but I feel a weakness for Spanish music. Although the name given in Britain to this genre is usually rock or alternative pop.in my opinion, include such famous groups as Coldplay, some less known as Travis or Keane or artists who are making known online as Lana del Rey, I find incredible groups and that people should start listening, because I really recommend and songs are very touching.

h

No comments:

Post a Comment